Dunamu hosts forum on blockchain's potential
简介The Upbit D Conference, or the UDC, a leading blockchain event hosted by Dunamu, took place Monday, ...
The Upbit D Conference, or the UDC, a leading blockchain event hosted by Dunamu, took place Monday, sharing ideas on how to expand the presence of blockchain technology and the blockchain industry as a whole.
Under the slogan “All That Blockchain,” the event invited some 39 experts from 29 countries as speakers to discuss related trends, policies, finance and content involving blockchain.
Dunamu, the operator of the country's largest crypto exchange, Upbit, has held the annual event since 2018 in a bid to strengthen the domestic blockchain ecosystem.
“As the blockchain industry evolves, the UDC continues to grow,” Song Chi-hyung, chairman of Dunamu, said in his opening speech delivered online.
“As the impact of blockchain continues to expand across the economy, culture and society, the UDC has also evolved as a comprehensive conference covering everything about blockchain,” Song said.
Speakers including Matt Sorg, head of technology at Solana Foundation; Howard Fisher, former partner at the US Securities and Exchange Commission' Nizam Ismail, former department head at the Monetary Authority of Singapore; and Oh Se-hyeon, executive vice president at SK Telecom, among others, participated in the event, sharing their thoughts on blockchain technology.
Jide Fashola, head of technical integrations at the Cardano Foundation, a blockchain and cryptocurrency organization based in Switzerland, gave a speech on blockchain and sustainability.
“I will define suitability as a balance between equity, economy and environment," said Fashola.
“For sustainability, we are working with the United Nations to ensure that we are supporting their goals," he said, introducing the foundation's various projects to raise funds for UN initiatives, such as supporting Ukraine.
Roger Ver, founder of Bitcoin.com, a cryptocurrency wallet developer, stressed the key attractions of blockchain technology.
“Blockchain is completely 'permissionless' to use,” he said. “We have had fast payments previously but they were not peer-to-peer payments. In blockchain payments, middlemen are not required in direct transactions.”
“When you have more choice in the marketplace, that tends to bring better outcomes,” he said, explaining how blockchain can empower its users.
Alexandre Dreyfus, CEO and co-founder of Chiliz, a sports token trading platform, introduced “fan token.” On the platform, fans can trade tokens to show their support for professional sports teams.
“'Fan token' is (a symbol of) recognition and having (the fans') voices heard,” Dreyfus said. “We are trying to bring more innovation to the sports scene.”
According to Dunamu, more than 3,700 participants joined the conference both online and in person.
A disability rights advocacy group said Tuesday it will file a complaint with the state human rights ...
17일 라진항을 촬영한 위성사진. 북한 전용 부두에서 약 90m 길이로 놓인 컨테이너 더미(아래 원 안)가 포착된 가운데 중국 전용 부두에서도 컨테이너 더미(위)가 보인다. 사진 ...
Hyundai Motor Co. said Wednesday it has partnered with the International Union for Conservation of N ...
- YouTuber suspected of livestreaming after taking drugs
- 500 bird strikes reported in past 5 years: data
- [From the Scene] Don't remember Itaewon alley as place of death, victims' families say
- AleXa to perform on Jingle Ball Tour as 1st K
- Labor unions slam government efforts to attract more foreign workers
- Braving wind and high water to celebrate Dokdo Day
- TXT shatters records, tops charts with 3rd LP
- SK Ecoplant recycles over 6,000 tons of batteries
- SK chief discusses ICT partnerships with Estonia, Carribean Community
- Blackpink's Jennie makes solo debut on Official UK Singles Chart
- HMM sale to face hurdles amid slowdown in shipping industry
- N. Korea slams Japan's plan to move up US missile purchase as 'arrogant choice'
- BOK expected to stand pat this week over growth risks: experts
- Wage talks between Kia, labor union fail again
- TXT shatters records, tops charts with 3rd LP
- 공군 수송기 급파, 한·일 220명 텔아비브 탈출
- Chuu makes tearful solo debut with 'Howl'
- 북러 무기거래 현장 지목된 라진항…"컨테이너 더미 또 쌓였다"
- Hanmi Global to host forum on data center construction
- Kingdom introduces last of its 7 kingdoms in 7th EP
- [Herald Interview] Rising star conductor Klaus Makela to meet Korean audiences
- [Today’s K
- 'Teenage Mercenary’ leads Korean webtoon sensation in Japan
- SK chairman says agile responses needed in times of geopolitical strife
- Lotte Cinema to screen NBA game
- Seoul shares open sharply lower on US losses
- Registration opens for offshore firms' FX trading
- Cha Medical to hold global forum on next
- Samsung Bioepis launches Soliris biosimilar in Europe
- Strengthening Vietnam
- Coupang Play seeks turnaround with exclusive content
- Posco International completes EV parts plant in Mexico
- Seoul shares close nearly flat on US rate
- Fifty Fifty's Keena says outsourcing rep stoked bad blood with Attrakt, Fifty Fifty
- KTO to offer weekend railroad travel packages through February
- S. Korea's Navy holds regular multinational mine warfare drills