您现在的位置是：부모와 아이 >>正文
‘Believer 2’ returns as 'midquel' with new characters, stronger plot
简介“Believer 2,” the much-awaited second installment of the 2018 crime action franchise, “Believer,” wh ...
“Believer 2,” the much-awaited second installment of the 2018 crime action franchise, “Believer,” which attracted an audience of 5.2 million, will hit screens later this month as a “midquel,” the country’s first-ever flick that explores a story within the timeframe of the previous film.
“Believer 2” is directed by Baek Jong-yul, who is known for the stylish mise-en-scene in the 2015 hit romance flick, “Beauty Inside,” and who has a commercial producing background.
The film follows the story of Cho Won-ho (Cho Jin-woong), a determined detective who throws himself into searching for the truth behind Asia’s largest drug ring after a bloody battle in Yongsan Station. Cho travels to Norway as he looks for the elusive leader of the drug gang.
“When I was offered the opportunity to direct ‘Believer 2,’ I thought that this midquel-style film could become the last puzzle to the characters’ relocation from Yongsan Station in Seoul to a snowy hut in Norway, where the first installment ended,” director Baek told reporters during a press conference in Seoul on Tuesday.
While director Baek debuted as a filmmaker with a romance flick, he said his personal preference has always been crime action.
“I’ve always had good feelings about this kind of film, so approaching the crime action genre wasn’t difficult for me,” he said, adding that he cast the two lead actors from “Believer” to continue the story seamlessly while also casting two new powerful characters, Big Knife (Han Hyo-joo) and a new version of Seo Young-rock (Oh Seung-hoon).
- 부모와 아이
South Korean stocks opened a tad lower Wednesday ahead of the central bank's rate-setting meeti ...
- 부모와 아이
A man has been booked for child abuse after security footage showed him pushing a small child on a s ...
- 부모와 아이
LX Holdings Chief Executive Officer and Vice President Roh Jin-seo has been promoted to president in ...
- Cheong Wa Dae to open for winter night stroll event
- Spending on overseas tourism rises by most in 13 years
- S. Korea retakes No. 1 spot in global shipbuilding orders in Oct.
- Child hurt after angry dad pushes the swing too hard
- [Herald Review] ‘Single in Seoul’ a bland rom
- 인요한 "이준석에 통크게 제안…돌아와 총선 중책 맡아달라"
- [Photo News] Mudeungsan fully opens door to public after 57 years
- [Herald Interview] ‘Another Body,’ a riveting documentary on devasting effects of deepfake porn
- S. Korean firms urge US to clarify 'foreign entity of concern'
- US finalizes national security 'guardrails' for CHIPS funding
- BTS' Suga begins military service
- "가리비 8m 천장까지 쌓였다"…단 한달만에 日 타격 입힌 中
- Outpaced by Coupang, Shinsegae carries out major leadership reshuffle
- Xi says he will consider S. Korea visit
- Hyundai Engineering wins US gas
- [New in Korean] Year 2020 revisited under shadow of disconnection
- S. Korea, US explore ways to expand ties in energy, supply chains
- Han Kang says her historical novels were a literary resistance against violence
- Experts to discuss globalized risks at World Health City Forum
- Resale tickets for League of Legends World Championship go up to 3 million won
- [Today’s K
- Samyang post record sales on China's Singles Day
- S. Korean shares snap 3
- EBS' new nature doc to explore symbiotic relationship between nature and humanity
- Negotiating members of Indo
- Yoon attends IPEF summit to discuss regional economic collaboration
- LG celebrates 1st baseball championship in 29 years with discounts
- Chinese beer imports plunge amid Tsingtao scandal
- Dancers say Street Woman Fighter 2 made dance more approachable
- Nightmare before Christmas: 'rape announcement' issued at Seoul billboard
- Hyundai Motor becomes first brand to sell cars on Amazon
- Yoon calls for enhancing connectivity of world economy with APEC at center
- Seoul shares end nearly flat amid signs of cooling US inflation
- Biden, Xi's 'blunt' talks yield deals on military, fentanyl
- [New in Korean] Seven minds share single body in '7
- SK hynix wins 2023 R&D 100 Awards