[Community Discovery] Blending old and new for sustainable Seongdong
简介The urban regeneration project for Seongdong-gu in eastern Seoul fosters ways both to attract new vi ...
The urban regeneration project for Seongdong-gu in eastern Seoul fosters ways both to attract new visitors and enhance existing residents' lives while advocating for the coexistence of the district’s older and new buildings and communities.
“Seongdong-gu will become a sustainable cultural district through the urban regeneration project, which promotes ‘coexistence’ as its core value,” said Seongdong-gu head Chong Won-o during a press tour on Oct. 26.
As a core project, the district office plans to transform a factory site occupied by ready-mix concrete manufacturer Sampyo Remicon for the past 45 years in Seongsu-dong, a neighborhood located in Seongdong-gu, eastern Seoul.
The 22,700-square-meter factory was demolished on Aug. 16, 2022 and is being turned into an outdoor culture and leisure venue for the public to enjoy events such as concerts for the next two years. One part of the site covering 8,507 square meters, or almost 40 percent of its total area, has already been developed to host indoor and outdoor performance venues.
By the end of November, almost half the site will be converted into a public parking lot, along with a new grass field.
Chong stated that the performance venues will be able to seat up to 10,000 people and the field will be able to accommodate 5,000, similar in size to the Olympic Gymnastics Arena in Jamsil, southern Seoul.
Violinist You Da-yoon has won the second prize at the 2023 Long-Thibaud International Competition, a ...
North Korea appears to be diversifying its cybercrimes to offset the declining value of cryptocurren ...
South Korea's unification ministry plans to hold talks with the UN Command to resume a tour pro ...
- 'Do not open plane doors' warning mandated for planes in flight
- LG CNS, NYC, AmCham Korea forge partnerships on digital transformation
- RCO to come to Seoul with maestro Fabio Luisi and pianist Yefim Bronfman
- Woori Bank establishes Bangladesh regional headquarters
- "조선의 샛별 여장군, 세계가 우러러 볼것"…北, 김주애도 우상화
- Unification ministry plans to hold talks with UN Command to resume Panmunjom tour
- KT, Hyundai E&C, Saudi’s STC team up for digital infrastructure
- 공군 수송기 급파, 한·일 220명 텔아비브 탈출
- Seoul shares open higher as US Treasury yields slide
- Looming election has Yoon advocating harder for everyday South Koreans
- Samsung Biologics to offer solutions for Kurma Partners' portfolio firms
- EU preparing UN draft resolution on NK human rights
- [New on scene] Lee Jun
- 'The Boys' director says blending fact, fiction necessary to deliver message
- 공군 수송기 급파, 한·일 220명 텔아비브 탈출
- 軍 "北, 하마스식 대남공격 가능성"…증거로 나온 '방
- 한동훈, 체포안 설명 8분 넘기자…“짧게 합시다” “왜 이리 시끄럽냐”
- 합의문도 없는 희한한 북·러 정상회담…결국 비즈니스 관계였나
- FSS issues advisories to fisheries cooperatives federation for W50b investment loss
- Incheon Airport passenger traffic to recover during Chuseok holiday
- "KTX 꼭 타보고 싶다" 했던 김정은 "만족한 합의"…뭐길래
- 야당 29명 반란, 이재명 방탄 뚫렸다
- [이번 주 리뷰]美 Fed 기준금리 동결…이재명 체포동의안 가결(18~23일)
- Global asset firms flock to Jeonju to woo pension giant
- SK Telecom CEO shows confidence in AI
- 전문가 “북 중거리미사일 고체연료엔진, 러시아 기술 가능성”
- PM envisions Busan World Expo's role in sharing 'rise from ashes' experience
- Chinese beer imports plunge amid Tsingtao scandal
- EBS' new nature doc to explore symbiotic relationship between nature and humanity
- IMF calls for restrictive monetary policy for S. Korea 'for considerable time' to tame inflation
- Biden, Xi's 'blunt' talks yield deals on military, fentanyl
- Suneung difficulty rekindles 'killer question' controversy
- iStaging Asia eyes patents for spatial web tech
- Seoul shares open nearly flat despite US gains
- Resale tickets for League of Legends World Championship go up to 3 million won
- Yoon, Japan's Kishida agree to cooperate in hydrogen sector