'Basel Night' at Swiss Embassy in Seoul heralds Basel's cultural legacy
简介The city of Basel in Switzerland is famously known to many people in Seoul for the world’s leading a ...
The city of Basel in Switzerland is famously known to many people in Seoul for the world’s leading art fair, Art Basel. The city’s top figures in art and architecture gathered at the Swiss Embassy in Seoul on Thursday for "Basel Night," an event aimed at promoting the city's cultural scene in Seoul.
The event was attended by Swiss Ambassador to Korea Dagmar Schmidt Tartagli; Christoph Bosshardt, marketing director of Basel Tourism; Angelle Siyang-Le, director of Art Basel Hong Kong; and Claudia Perren, director of the Basel Academy of Art and Design.
Coinciding with the fourth edition of the Seoul Biennale of Architecture and Urbanism, the Basel cultural event in Seoul highlighted the interaction between the two cities in terms of architectural practices. The city is among 34 cities taking part in Seoul's architecture biennale that runs through Oct.29.
Ahead of “Basel Night,” a panel discussion on the river cities of Basel and Seoul at the Swiss Hanok, titled “Seoul & Basel - A Dialogue on Urban Planning and Building Culture Challenges.” The panel discussion was moderated by Chrissie Muhr, artistic director of the first Architecture Week Basel 2022.
The panelists included Beat Aeberhard, head of urban planning and architecture of the Canton of Basel-Stadt, Basel; Simon Hartmann, co-founder and architect HHF, Basel; and Isabel Prinzing, head of communication of Swisspeace, the Basel Peace Forum, based at Kaserne in Basel.
The event “Basel Night” was co-organized by the city of Basel, Basel Tourism and the embassy. Seoul and Basel agreed to cooperate on innovation, signing a memorandum of understanding in 2022 by the president of the Government of the Canton of Basel-Stadt, Beat Jans, and Seoul Mayor Oh Se-hoon.
“When you think of Switzerland, the city’s beautiful nature comes across one’s mind. But the city of Basel also has an affluent cultural legacy and architectural gems by renowned architects. I hope the city’s cultural scene could spread more in Seoul,” said Kim Ji-in, head of the Korean office of Swiss Tourism.
The existing trilateral cooperation among South Korea, the United States and Japan will remain endur ...
Folktales are passed down through generations, evolving as they move from one storyteller to another ...
South Korean stocks finished higher Tuesday on gains in technology and chemical shares, while invest ...
Dog meat group threatens to release 2 million dogs near presidential office
S. Korea, US defense chiefs discuss 'tailored deterrence strategy' on N. Korea
LG Twins crowned champions for 1st time since 1994 as S. Korean baseball season ends
KT&G unveils W2.8tr shareholder return plan
LS Materials to tap deeper into EV, green energy markets
[From the Scene] Building 100
- Benois de la Danse winner Kang Mi
- 카메라 찍힌 김여정 960만원 '디올 백'…그 자체가 北인권 참상
- [Herald Interview] Song Joong
- NK slams Yoon's warning against Pyongyang
- Benois de la Danse winner Kang Mi
- LG chief convenes CEO meeting to review growth strategy
- [KH Explains] Lotte goes all
- Major Korean firms fare worse than US counterparts in H1
- SM founder Lee Soo
- [Herald Interview] Love is what defines artist Dawn
- First lady explains S. Korea's dog meat ban plan to Queen Camilla
- N. Korea reinstates DMZ guard posts
- 금태섭 “文 전 대통령, 조국 출마 적절한지 의견 분명히 해야”
- [이번 주 리뷰]北,군사위성 발사…정부 온라인 장애속출(20~25일)
- [Hello Indonesia] Hyundai Motor vows to steer Indonesia's transition to EVs
- 러 매체 “北 위성에 러시아 도움, 근거 없다…포탄 지원설도 마찬가지”
- Samsung's Harman acquires audio platform Roon
- Speculation grows over Yoon's looming Cabinet shakeup
- [Herald Interview] Korea ramps up high
- Van Cleef & Arpels touring exhibition brings sparkles to Seoul
- Posco to start search for new chief
- Tax refund limit to be doubled for tourists
- Samsung sets up control tower for new growth drivers
- KB chief vows to nurture AI talents
- 'Batter Up': YG rookie Babymonster to debut as six
- YG’s new girl group Babymonster debuts with single 'Batter Up'
- [KH explains] Hyundai to sell vehicles on Amazon in US sales push
- KIPO chief strengthens IP alliances with Middle Eastern counterparts
- Koreans will 'freeze to death' for iced Americanos even in winter
- [Herald Review] Korean and Welsh dance companies share creativity in 'Wales Connection'