Korea, Japan airport operators hold first post
简介Korea Airports Corp. said Tuesday the head of the state-run airport operator met with the head of Ja ...
Korea Airports Corp. said Tuesday the head of the state-run airport operator met with the head of Japan Airport Terminal, in a bid to discuss the two airport operators' future strategies for airport operations.
According to the KAC, Chief Executive Officer Yoon Hyeong-jung met with Isao Takashiro, the CEO of Japan Airport Terminal, during the two airport operators' annual meeting, which was last held in 2019, took place in Tokyo on Monday. The KAC currently operates Gimpo International Airport, while Japan Airport Terminal operates Tokyo International Airport, also widely known as Haneda Airport.
During the meeting, Yoon and Takashiro praised the role the two airport operators' cooperation played in furthering the relationship between Korea and Japan. They also discussed measures to strengthen their cooperation in installing services using state-of-the-art technologies in airports, according to the KAC.
"Celebrating the 20th anniversary of the launch of the Gimpo-Haneda route, Gimpo International Airport will aim to develop into a 'Biz+Port' by strengthening its specialized services such as business lounges and exclusive fast tracks based on the airport's excellent accessibility to (Korean) cities, while also creating competitiveness in utilizing the airport space -- by exhibiting advanced media art exhibitions," said Yoon. Biz+Port is the KAC's project to turn Gimpo Airport into a convenient place for passengers who use the airport for business purposes.
According to the KAC, approximately two million passengers take the Gimpo-Haneda route annually.
Nov. 30 marks the 20th anniversary of the launch of the Gimpo-Haneda route, and the KAC said it will be holding promotional activities such as a K-food show at Gimpo Airport from Nov. 28 to Dec. 3.
During the same period, Tokyo International Airport will set up promotional booths and conduct events to hand out gift packages to passengers who take the Gimpo-Haneda route.
Adding to renewed tensions between the two Koreas, North Korean soldiers guarding the truce village ...
South Korea's food and drug safety authorities said Wednesday that they have ordered Echire but ...
A note left by an owner who abandoned their dog has sparked angry reactions.Nonprofit organization B ...
- "조선의 샛별 여장군, 세계가 우러러 볼것"…北, 김주애도 우상화
- More relevant than ever, closer to original musical 'Rent' returns for 9th run
- South Korea’s digital reputation dented by government network outage
- Priciest elite private high school costs over W30m a year
- Hyundai’s ‘Uni Wheel’ system gives more room for different car designs
- T1, Faker unrivaled at 2023 LoL World Championship
Disability rights group lodges complaint with rights watchdog over leader's arrest
Samsung retains No. 1 spot in TV sales; LG tops OLED market
Daewoo E&C chief cements ties with Nigerian leaders
[Herald Interview] VIXX highlights group’s continuity in 5th EP ‘Continuum’
[Herald Review] ‘Single in Seoul’ a bland rom
Oman celebrates 53rd National Day, calls Korea reliable ally
- Court finds ban on leafleting into NK unconstitutional, ban on praise for NK constitutional
- Breadwinners in their 60s or above double in 9 years
- '코로나 봉쇄' 북한, 국경 열었다…3년8개월 만에 외국인 입국
- [Bills in Focus] Holding CEOs accountable for lack of internal financial control
- LG chief convenes CEO meeting to review growth strategy
- [Herald Interview] Kim Jee
- Political strife may delay Korea’s launch of new space agency
- Seoul shares tumble to 5
- 여당, 총선변수에 고심…“쇄신한 민주당과 대결 준비해야”
- Over half of Koreans want continuous strengthening of alliance with US: poll
- 윤 대통령, 4박 6일 사우디·카타르 순방 마치고 귀국
- Korean beef prices, poultry shares soar as cattle disease spreads
- Mirae Asset Securities names Kim Mi
- NiziU wins best pop video at MTV VMAJs
- [Today’s K
- SK hynix logs quarterly losses for 4th consecutive quarter
- Supreme Court dismisses Buseoksa's appeal in Bodhisattva statue ownership dispute
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…이달 18~19일 방문
- Posco, HBIS Group complete steel sheet plant in China
- Jeonju offers self up as destination for fall reading retreat
- [KH Explains] A look back on Lee Jae
- Hyundai Motor’s yearly earnings hit record
- 유엔 대북제재위 "北 가상화폐 탈취 2조3000억, 이전보다 3배"
- Han Kang's novel shortlisted for 2 prestigious French awards
- SK Innovation joins hands with Fiji for mangrove restoration
- Olympic medalist ‘tricked’ by fiance
- Samsung SDI logs record
- LG Electronics to bolster local strategies, B2B push to widen gap with Chinese rivals
- Architect Dominique Perrault's 'Lightwalk' displayed at French Embassy in Seoul
- Seoul shares open sharply lower on US losses