[Herald Interview] Latvia hopes to boost economic, cultural ties with Korea
简介Latvia hopes to boost trade, investment and cultural relations with Korea, said the country's t ...
Latvia hopes to boost trade, investment and cultural relations with Korea, said the country's top envoy to Korea on Friday, as Latvia marks its 105th anniversary of independence.
Latvian Ambassador to Seoul Aris Vigants said there was potential for increased cooperation on many fronts, with trade volume between Korea and Latvia reaching 128.3 million euros ($140 million) last year. Latvian exports to the country amounted to 72.7 million euros and imports were worth 55.5 million euros in 2022.
"We have enormous potential in boosting our relations in economics, trade and investments," said Vigants, underscoring Latvia and Korea’s shared values, commitment to democracy, freedom, the rule of law, respect for human rights and a rules-based international order.
Latvia and Korea established diplomatic relations on Oct. 22, 1991. The country, as an EU and NATO member state, actively collaborates with other member states on common foreign and security policy goals, such as the Indo-Pacific Strategy, and benefits from the free trade agreement between the EU and South Korea.
Korea aspires to serve as a global pivotal state and establish a new chapter of mutually beneficial cooperation with Latvia. Both countries are members of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development and share ambitious goals.
South Koreans’ English proficiency in 2022 worsened from the previous year, descending 13 spots in a ...
South Korean food manufacturer Samyang Foods said Friday it would launch a new tom yum flavor of its ...
The number of malaria cases has been rising sharply in South Korea this year, reaching the highest l ...
- Yoon orders increased defense of public digital infrastructure
- PPP appoints naturalized Korean doctor Yohan Ihn as party innovation committee chief
- Seoul shares open lower on US losses
- 43 films to premiere at Seoul International Pride Film Festival
- 'Do not open plane doors' warning mandated for planes in flight
- [Today’s K
'Do not open plane doors' warning mandated for planes in flight
S. Korea expresses gratitude to Japan for assisting return of Koreans from war
[속보] 한국인 163명 이스라엘서 무사히 왔다…서울공항 도착
Three bidders vie for major stake in news channel YTN
Disability rights group lodges complaint with rights watchdog over leader's arrest
[Photo News] Mt. Seorak welcomes first snow of the season
- Hyundai Engineering wins US gas
- Xi says he will consider S. Korea visit
- PM arrives in China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
- Opposition party leader ends 24
- Opposition head pleads for support in ‘fight against Yoon dictatorship’
- [Photo News] Mudeungsan fully opens door to public after 57 years
- Gangwon Forestry Exhibition 2023 kicks off in Korea's 'forest capital'
- [Test Drive] Toyota’s minivan Alphard boasts sedanlike drive
- Russian FM to visit Pyongyang next month as follow
- Dodgers prospect trying to fit in with S. Korean nat'l baseball team
- Police turn to AI to predict crimes, drug tracking
- 北고려항공, 베이징으로 주 3회 비행…정기 운항 복귀 한 듯
- Blinken to discuss Russia, Middle East, N. Korea during visit to Seoul: State Department
- Yoon hosts private banquet with chaebol chiefs
- Iraqi Kurdistan officials visit Korea to glean procurement expertise
- Exports log first rise in 13 months in sign of trade recovery for Korea
- J.Y. Park and Kim Wan
- Pak Kyongni Prize winner Christoph Ransmayr says literature sparks imagination, breaks biases
- 통일부 “남북 간 장기간 연락 중단 유감…정상화 촉구”
- Paris Baguette inks sponsorship deal with Paris Saint
- US Fed keeps key lending rate unchanged for second consecutive time
- 與 "고물가로 민생 어렵다면서 돈 풀자는 이재명…모순덩어리"
- 美 ICBM '미니트맨
- The branch of South Korean left blaming Israel for Hamas attacks
- S. Korean military detects signs of NK supplying ballistic missiles to Russia
- Arrest warrant sought for ex
- PPP decides to lift membership suspensions of ex
- English chatbot services to be available for public bike users
- S. Korea's inflation grows faster, stays over 3 pct for third month in Oct.
- KG Mobility, BYD bolster ties on EV batteries, hybrids